Tuesday

Spirit Journeys Workshops

I have had this idea floating around in my head for such a long time now, lots of scraps of paper, sticky notes, and the backs of receipts that I can no longer find, hold little pieces of me. I was finally able to collect it all and compile it into one treasure that I hope you will want to participate in with me.

Starting on the Winter Solstice this month, 21 December, I will be offering a free creative workshop I call "Spirit Journeys". This will be a monthly occurance and something, I hope, that you will look forward to! Some months it may be creative journaling or a mixed media project, other times it may be a collage or a more involved project. Whatever it is, my purpose of offering these workshops is to not only just be creative together and share with one another, but also to allow you to journey inwards, to realize the beauty that is already inside of you, to allow you to dream, be inspired, to play! There is no pressure to participate, I realize we all have alot on our plates especially at this time of year. If I only have one person participate I will be happy, everyone and anyone is welcome to be a part of Spirit Journeys.

The Winter Solstice is the longest night of the year. It is a time of deep reflection and turning inwards, letting go of the old and reflecting on what is the most important part of your journey. As you can probably tell, these themes will be based on our first project together so you can reflect on those words until then. I will provide you a basic guideline of instructions, usually an image from my personal collection that you can use in the workshop how you wish, quotes, themes, etc. I will also at that time show you my sample for the workshop and give you a timeline to complete it, usually it will be 2 to 3 weeks. The last week before I present the next workshop, I would love for anyone who particpated, to post their work on their blogs so that myself and others can see your Spirit Journey creation!

Just to make it clear, this will not cost you anything, only your time and the effort you desire to put into it. We all have enough to pay for and worry about with this economy the way it is right now. Over time, I will be offering my own Zine called "Mythcraft" that will have beautiful images, quotes, inspirations and more, to help get your creativity flowing while at the same time letting you journey deeper into the heart and myth of your own Spirit. Those will be very limited in my Etsy shop, but again, the Zine is just a side idea that came out of all of these ideas and not something you have to purchae by any means!

Starting this Friday I will be offering my first blog giveaway (on this blog) and will have a picture of all of the goodies I am offering that day as well. Also on the sidebar of this blog, I have a little "Spirit Journeys" blog banner that you are welcome to put on your blog if you wish to show your support for my workshops. Wow, this was a much longer post than I realized, I hope to see many of your beautiful and amazing talents and creations starting in a few weeks and dont forget to enter the blog giveaway this Friday!

In Love and Light,
Joanna

8 comments:

Dream With the Fishes said...

I definitely want to participate in these workshops! I am in deep need of some soul nurturing crafting. I'm going to place your banner on my blog's sidebar right now. Count me in!

Serena

aN aLteReD fAirY taLe said...

Yeah!! I got at least one person! I am happy as can be! Thank you sweet friend! Joanna

Sandi said...

What a wonderfully sweet and giving idea. I can't wait for your workshops. And already I want the Zine. And do I sign up for the giveaway here too?
VictorianGypsy

aN aLteReD fAirY taLe said...

Hi Sandi! Yes, I am taking the pictures of the goodies in just a little while and I will post that on my blog today. Yeah!! I am so excited!! 2 very talented artists with me!

Southern Fried Cupcakes~ said...

I can't wait to see what your workshops are all about~I look forward to it...I just found your blog a day or two ago and added you as a fave! Can't wait to see what your Zine is about too...sounds like my kind of thing!

Xo Kelly

PLO said...

Count me in as well! I always create more when prompted! I am looking forward to it, and I love the idea of a zine. I will add your banner to, and encourage my friends to participate! xo

Melissa said...

I followed Serena over here (since she put your banner on her sidebar). Your art is lovely!! I would love to participate in the workshop.

And I think it's fabulous that you're doing it 'money free' only the cost of time and energy. Thank you!!

~YAY~
Melissa

Nelly said...

Hi again -- I'll love to do these workshops. How wonderful you are to do this, and for free. I'm fairly new at this and I'm so hungry to learn in this way and really appreciate it. I'm so glad I found your blog. Count me in. I'll see you again Sunday.

Nelly