Tuesday

DREAMS

Oh! I have had dreams
I have had sweet dreams of childhoods bright and sunny hours
when I wander'd all day by the sparkling streams
And called for my mother the gay wildflowers
When I wove her a wreath of the green wood bine
And twined in it berries and violets gay.
And I crowned her pale forehead and she kissed mine
Ah, she like the flowers has faded away
She has faded away, faded away

I have had bright dreams of the old elm tree
Beneath whose branches spreading wide
I have sported away in childish glee
The fleet winged hours of the even tide.

I have dreamed of the friends once gathered there
To frolic away the long summers day
Untrammeled by fear
Unwearied by care
But they like the rest have faded away
They have faded away, faded away

I have had bright dreams as I've wandered alone
When still midnight in silence reigned
When my own pale star shone bright from its throne
And in visions of hope
My Soul was chained
But the cares of Earth would come again
The heart would grow sick with hope's delay
And the visions I wove of my destiny then
Ah they like the rest have faded away
They have faded away, faded away

I have had sweet dreams of a fairy form
That was ever around me there
Of her bird-like voice with it's silvery charm
Floating away on the evening air
But alas for the flush and the wasting breath
Alas for thy terrible power decay
An Angel beckoned her home from the Earth
Like the morning star she faded away
She has faded away, faded away.

I came across these beautiful words quite by accident tonight when I was going through my stack of old vintage sheet music. I had painted the picture above earlier today and somehow it seemed like they belonged together.

The painting is Called Courage of Heart. It says: " Summon the Courage to walk through the doorway of your heart."

Enjoy and have a lovely evening!
Joanna

No comments: