Saturday

Around the Studio...

Since December I have been organizing the studio, moving things around, painting, arranging...just plain having fun! So I thought since it was actually clean for 5 minutes I would snap a few shots and share with you a glimpse around Ravens Feather Studio! Enjoy your visit!
Lots of love,
Joanna

This is the Robin Egg Blue Farmhouse table where I create everything I do! I just love it! It NEVER looks like this, only for the photo!

My cozy fireplace! I completely repainted this and added the architectural focal point. Those tiles are made of tin and came from a ceiling in an old chateau in France!

The top of the fireplace!
This little grouping is on top of my bookcase, I added branches, feathers, beaded elements, faeries, seashells and a Wendy Addison piece that says Magic!
The blue cupboard where I store my fabrics.
I love this three tiered basket that holds my vintage lace, cabinet cards and collage packs. The wooden Angel on the floor next to the candle was one of many that decorated the floorboards of a church that was being torn down in Mexico.
Two of my favorite vintage albums! The top one holds my sketches and rough paintings/drawings and the bottom is a huge 9 x 12 vintage photo album.
The little cabinet I keep some supplies in, encaustic wax, gold leaf, glitter, etc. I just love the Fairy House on top! It is called the Crystal Cavern and it lights up with tiny light bulbs inside!

**Update: I had so many requests to see more of the Fairy House so here are the pictures that the artist herself took and I am providing a link to her shop! She creates such magical and enchanting houses! Enjoy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Centaur1201

The End...Now I am off to mess it up!!....

TaDa....See I already messed it up!! =)

21 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Oh my gosh. This is your studio?!?! It looks more like Heaven!!! What a gorgeous fireplace! And I just love your desk! And the blue cabinets! Beautiful decor :)

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

Thank you so much Julie Ann for your sweet comment! I am so glad you enjoyed the tour! Have a beautiful!
Joanna

KeLLy aNN said...

I love looking at other artist's studios! and it seems everyone, including Me has been doing a major bang up in their workspaces. Here's to being organized so it will be easier to find things to mess it up again!

indigo goddess said...

Joanna,
I am new to your blog, and am sooo excited. What a gorgeous studio filled with such magic. Cant wait to look back thru your posts.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Your studio is lovely! I have been meaning to do the same...my creative space really needs so reorganization! Thanks for allowing us a sneak peek! Theresa :)

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

Thank you dear Indigo Goddess! I am so glad you have found me and enjoyed browsing around the studio!
Joanna

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

Thank you so much Kelly Ann! I will have to visit your blog too to see if you have any pics of your wonderful space too!
Joanna

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

Thank you so much Theresa, it is always a work in progress is'nt it! It sure is fun though!
Thank you so much for your comment
Joanna

Baroness Bijoutery said...

I love what you have done with your shop...I wish mine looked that nice...I no sooner get mine straighten up that I have beads and wire all over my work table..It never stays straight for very long...LOL

Flight Fancy said...

Wow...what a beautiful space to create in!

Stoneweaver said...

You have a beautiful studio - what an inspirational place to work. My office isn't as coordinated but I share your love of collecting beautiful things just to have around - like shells and of course artworks.

VisionWise said...

so clean and organized and wow...
good vibes... How fun to see your studio... I have always loved the name Raven's Studio. I love your decorations that you've made... especially the crystal cavern :) Love...

VisionWise said...

oops - can't forget the Feather!
"Raven's Feather Studio" - I love it!

Geisterwesen said...

Ohhh! It's so beautyful.Wish I would have a room like this. But my one has been captured by my chinchillas and they need some place outside their cages. And they are nibbling exerything that comes in their way.

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

Thank you so very much everyone! My goodness, I am truly touched by all of your sweet comments!
Joanna

Shell said...

Your studio is beautiful. Your two main desks is something I want for myself.

Minxy said...

What a beautiful, serine workspace, the perfect place to lose a few hours in art :)

JeansVIews said...

It is no wonder such lovely things are created in this magic space.

Lynn said...

Oh wow, I think your studio should be in a magazine, it is beautiful!!! I am currently selling my home but already purchased a new one and I would love to do something as special as yours :)

Miss Meliss said...

I'm with everyone else - Your studio space is breathtaking! Supremely Gorgeous! I love everything, but my favs are: that fireplace, the lantern on top, the sticks etc. with the word magic, and the cave looking thing on the cabinet next to the ravens feather studio sign. What is that? Did you make it? Did you buy it - if so, where? Can you take a closer picture of it? It's so interesting.

I love being able to peek into other people's studios and see all their unique stuff. Wish I could do it in real life, but pictures will have to do.

~magick~
Melissa

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

Hi Sweet Meliss, thank you so much for your wonderful comment, you made me smile so big as I was reading it because I could literally feel your excitement, it was so sweet! The cave piece you were inquiring about is called the Crystal Cavern Fairy house. I love it, it lights up with small little lights on the inside and it has a little tiny desk with potion bottles and books, sooo cute. I had to have it because this is where I would live if I could! =) I purchased it from a wonderful artisan on Etsy, the shops name is Rachels Fairy Houses. I will place the pictures that she took on this post and add a link for everyone. Have a lovely evening,
Joanna