Saturday

The Fayre Grimoire & Other Musings...

Good afternoon my dear friends, just wanted to share with you an update that one month from today I will be having surgery to remove my gallbladder. I have moved past any fear of the procedure and am at the stage where I simply feel ready to get it done to move on. Speaking with the surgeon really alleviated my worries as well, she is wonderful and has done a few of my Mother-In-Laws surgeries over the last few years. So, just wanted to share that with all of you, I am feeling okay, using all of my tools I have learned over the years in my spiritual toolbox, thinking positive, working with my Guides, prayer and accepting all the beautiful blessings that you all have offered me so generously as well.
All will be well because everything is exactly as it should be.

I also wanted to share with all of you more pictures of the book I gave you a peak into a few days ago. I have turned this beautiful vintage album into a Fayre Grimoire. As most of you know, the Faeries are an endless source of inspiration to me and my life and over the years they have gifted me with some amazing herbal recipes that I use frequently. I had all of these on various pieces of paper and in journals and notebooks everywhere and really have been wanting to put them in one place for myself so that is what this album has become. I am using the areas where the pictures normally are for holding the recipes. each recipe is written on real vellum or manuscript paper and then covered with a see-through hand-painted leaf so that you can still read it. Some of the album pages were missing so I sewed in the signature adding fabric that I sewed in and the Raven feather. Enjoy the images and have a beautiful day!
With love and light,
Joanna

18 comments:

Stream Source said...

Your work is so very amazing... as are you. So happy to hear you have made peace with this condition.

Be well ♥♥♥

indigo goddess said...

Your confidence & trust in your surgeon is wonderful and I'm sure quite a relief. All the best with a speedy recovery after.
Your book is marvelous! I love every last inch of it!!!!

E.J. Stevens said...

Amazingly beautiful grimoire!

E.J. Stevens said...

Joanna,

I often write little feature posts about Etsy shops and items that I love. Before featuring your Etsy art I wanted to ask your permission (and could not find an email in your profile) before posting.

xx,
E.J.
e.j.stevens.author[at]gmail[dot]com

VisionWise said...

♥ Joanna...
I'm glad you are at peace with your upcoming surgery... Thank goddess you have a connection with the doctor :) I love your magical faerie recipe book, how enchanting!

LOVE,
Lauren

Stoneweaver said...

You are so creative - love the grimoire what a great idea. Glad to hear you sounding positive - and with a plan. Bright blessings.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Your Fayre Grimoire is just amazing - and I am sure a source of great comfort as well. I am sure you will be in good hands for your procedure and that all will go well.
Theresa

apinkdreamer said...

i'm so happy you feel better and you think positive! the book is marvellous! i'd like to have one like yours! maybe i'l make one!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am thinking of you and now I know what I will do with the divine and exquisite old book you sent me. Each page I will write something about healing, calm and light and faeries in spiritual preparation for your surgery and for all the little and big things that come into my life. I look forward to meditating on such a peaceful book and I will think of you and those I care about everytime I open it. Blessings friend and love and healing.

Moncha said...

This is such a beautiful grimoire. It looks magical !!!

Shell said...

Your Grimoire is so beautiful. You inspire me to make my new mystical book I'm working on prettier and magical.

Melissa said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your Grimoire is absolutely stunning. You and your work are very inspirational!

~magick~
Melissa

gayle said...

Wow! Just found your blog and your grimoire is just breathtaking!
Wishing you love and luck with your operation :)

Servant of the Most High said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Girly-girl said...

omg u have the most beautiful artwork you are kol!!!

apinkdreamer said...

hi! i miss you a lot! i hope you are well!
i have a fantastic givaway on my blog! a handmade journal!!!
love,eleni

John said...

Hi. Nice Try. Keep it up.
I also request you to visit my blog:
Notebooks Examined

rtfgvb751 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................