Sunday

Blissful Healing Creativity...

Hello my dear friends, I am feeling more and more like myself everyday...trying to catch up on emails, orders and general life "stuff" that does not stop just because I have been temporarily out of commission! A few months back when all these tests started, I was about to share with all of you my new art that has become very close to my heart. Sit back and grab a cup of coffee or herbal tea and let me tell you a story...
Last year I was in Flagstaff and met the sweetest Raven named Lily at the Arboratum. I spent so much time with her my husband was about to leave me there and just come back and pick me up later! I was so touched and in awe to be so close to her and give her little sticks and twigs that she so gently took out of my hand and proceeded to place in a pile not far by. I had one of my favorite cookies from Paradise bakery in my purse...a sugar cookie with sprinkles...I had too-I broke off a little piece and fed it to her only to see her eyes grow wide and hungrily hop over to see if I had more! I gave her another small piece and laughed out loud to see her beautiful black beak covered in white sprinkles of sugar cookie with head cocked to the side trying to understand my outburst! My first thought was her saying "Cookie...What Cookie?"! That image has been in my head ever since and I often told myself that one day I would paint that image because I wanted to remember it always as it never failed to bring a smile to my face.
A few months ago I painted that picture-not in the way I ever expected or imagined...art is often like that though. The memory came forward as a sweet raven with a more illustrated and folk art feel which I just fell in love with her all over again. Other images came forward like a fever, I was enchanted and could not wait to paint more...life sometimes has other plans though, and as some of you have most likely felt at times...my new found art had to be put on hold.
Now, here I am done with tests, done with surgery and I found that creative spark flowing through me once again-I could not wait to get better to get back in my studio to paint and create. There is NOTHING like art to heal the body, mind and Spirit...beautiful! It was in this healing that "Raven & Me" was born-I hope you enjoy my new paintings and art and that it touches your heart in the way it has touched mine. The prints and whimsical creations will soon be in my Raven & Me Etsy Shop

9 comments:

pinkglitterfae said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better these days. I adore your new folk art paintings, you created a sweet little raven friend in them.
Can't wait to see your art in your Etsy shop.
Keep on creating!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Joanna,
This is what I must must tell you...
Everything you create is so unique, feels like it should always be part of the world and calming. You are a master at those colors of calm and antique. (I adore my bottle with that joanna blue!btw)What I saw when I saw your raven and bunny was a story waiting to come to us. Please please consider writing a affirmative book with these characters!!!!! I see it in every store already and I have good vision. Glad you are creating again and I send you happy wishes and healing. Love, Amy

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Hurray! I was SO very happy to hear from you this weekend. I am thrilled that you are feeling better. :) What a sweet raven. The painting is so very lovely. I love the sugar crumbles falling from her beak. Just so sweet. And I love the bunny, too. The whole new look to your blog is uplifting and light! Happy you are back and on your way to health! :) Theresa

apinkdreamer said...

i'm so happy you are better and create again!!!YES art saves and is a great healing!!! i love the painting above!!!

apinkdreamer said...

i'm so happy you are better and create again!!!YES art saves and is a great healing!!! i love the painting above!!!

Julie Ann said...

Ohhh- I love your new art!!!! What a beautiful story, too :) I love how it has inspired you and helped to heal your boo boo's!

Shell said...

You are so right, creativity does heal. It has done that for me so many times. I'm happy you are on the mend.
Your story with Lily the Raven and the painting that resulted is enchanting.

Eden Clare O'Meara said...

oh man...i just love it here...here at your little faerie tales place...i first found you upon that magic carpet ride...thank you for your sweet comment...your journals...i love them...and hope to join in making one with you...when is the next gathering...thank you for your sweet sentiment...hope you are soon well...Blessings Eden

Eden Clare O'Meara said...

i really like it here...i really do...all your places are...well...lovely and magical...i entered where bloggers create...thank you for that...blessings Eden